Tomato and Chickpea Soup
By April 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 5 Servings
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 good sized garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 ltr vegetable/chicken stock
- Place 2 or 3 tbsp. of oil in a pot. It should be a bit more than just to cover the bottom of the pot without going overboard and making it too oily. The oil is one of the soup’s ingredients.
- Peel and bruise (but don’t break up) a couple of cloves of garlic.
- Add them to the oil with a sprig of rosemary. Sautee over a moderate heat till the garlic gets to a light golden colour. Discard the garlic.
- Simmer the tomato puree for about 15 minutes till the oil separates from the tomatoes.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Tip them into the pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add about a liter or so of veg / chicken stock depending how many you’re feeding. Season to taste, simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove the rosemary sprig and serve.