Sweet Potato Fries
By April 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 3 sweet medium sweet potatoes, washed and optionally peeled
- 3 tbsp traditional fat of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional if you like spicy fries) around 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) sea salt, to taste
- Sweet, salty, and spicy, these are great alongside your favorite entrée or on their own for a snack. For a traditional fat of choice, coconut oil or melted butter work best.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the sweet potatoes in half crosswise and then in half again lengthwise. Cut these chunks into thick or thin wedges, about a 1/2-inch thick. They should be uniform in size for even baking.
- Add the wedges, oil or melted fat, and spices to a mixing bowl and toss until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated. Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, flip the wedges and continue to cook. When done, salt to taste.