Spiced Lentils & Veggies
Spiced Lentils & Veggies Recipe
By April 27, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cupss any cooked lentils (organic if possible)
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- Medium Eggplant
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 brown onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- feta cheese or yoghurt for garnish
- In a heavy based pot, sauté all spices, chopped garlic, ginger and onion in coconut oil over medium heat for 1-2 mins.
- Add cubes (2cms-ish) of potatoes and toss through spices.
- Pour in vegetable stock.
- Add chopped cauliflower and cubed eggplant, currants then cover and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to and low simmer for 1-2 hours. Serve with some crumbed feta cheese or plain yoghurt and coriander leaves.