Raspberry-Kissed Brownies Recipe
By June 22, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2/3 cup pureed organic sweet potatoes
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 3 tsp unsalted butter (preferably organic)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
Whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir together the sugar and sweet potatoes in a medium bowl until well combined.
Beat in the whole egg and egg white.
- Mix together the vanilla and espresso powder in a small bowl until the powder is dissolved.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil.
- Slowly stir in the cocoa powder, stirring with a fork until the chocolate mixture resembles a thick smooth sauce.
Stir in the espresso-vanilla mixture.
Combine the flour mixture with the sweet potato mixture until no trace of the flour remains.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and mix until the batter is dark brown.
Carefully fold in the raspberries.
Spoon the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Cool and cut into 12 brownies.