Pan-Seared Halibut with Toasted Almonds
By March 22, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 1 4oz filet per person of wild- caught halibut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or sesame oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- . Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on both sides of each fish filet.
- Cook fish on first side over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook on other side for 3 minutes. While fish is in pan, sprinkle layer of almonds on top.
- Flip over and cook for 2 minutes. Add almonds on other side.
- Flip again to cook and toast almonds on other side. Halibut is cooked when fish is flaky and no longer translucent.
- Take off heat and serve.