Minted Greek Chicken
Minted Greek Chicken Recipe
By June 22, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a knife
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon of the oil, the garlic, dried mint, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
Toss well to coat, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Pull the large mint leaves off the stems.
- Thread the chicken and onion onto twelve 8-inch skewers, threading a mint leaf in between the chicken and onion.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Grill the kebabs, turning and basting with the lemon-oil mixture, until the chicken is cooked through, 9 to 10 minutes.