Lemonata Raspberry Bread Pudding
Lemonata Raspberry Bread Pudding Recipe
By June 22, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 3 1/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs (preferably cage free)
- 4 egg whites (preferably from cage free eggs)
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 Grated zest of lemons
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 lbs stale whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together 3 cups of the milk, the whole eggs, egg whites, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
Warm the remaining ¼ cup milk in a small saucepan over low heat until lukewarm, scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the warming milk and gently stir to separate.
- Remove from the heat and stir into the egg and lemon mixture.
Place the bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and set aside for 20 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the liquid.
Add the raspberries to the bread mixture and toss gently.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until slightly puffed and golden, 10 to 15 minutes.