Green Beans with Creamy Garlic
By April 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 3 tsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, (about 2-3 green onions)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds-toasted until golden (for garnish)
- Trim ends from beans.
- In large kettle, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add green beans and bring water back to boiling. Cook beans, uncovered, until crisp-tender (4-5 minutes). The beans should be a brilliant green color.
- Heat butter in sauté pan. Add garlic and onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 7 minutes to reduce cream slightly.
- Toss green beans with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almond.