Fresh Baked Granola
Fresh Baked Granola Recipe
By June 22, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened wheat germ
- 1 cup unsalted hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup goji berries / blueberries / cherries
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 225°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Toss together the oats, shredded coconut, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds in an extra large bowl.
- Stir together the honey and coconut oil in a small bowl.
Drizzle over the dry ingredients and mix well.
Add ½ cup cold water a little at a time, stirring well after each addition, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread evenly to the edges of the pan. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Add the almonds and bake until the mixture is thoroughly dry and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, mix in the goji berries, and cool on the baking sheet.
When completely cool, transfer the granola to a tightly covered container or resealable plastic bag and store in the refrigerator.