By February 20, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced or grated fresh ginger
- Sea salt
- 2 Lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 Cups chicken broth or water
- Put the olive oil or butter in large pot over medium heat. Let butter melt.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings (salt) and stir.
- Add carrots and ginger.
- Add the stock or water to cover carrots and bring to a boil.
- Stir, lower the heat to a simmer, and cover until vegetables are tender, 15-25 minutes.
- Take soup off heat, puree with an immersion blender or add veggies to a blender/food processor using a slotted spoon.
- Return to pot (if you used the blender/food processor), taste and adjust the salt and add any other spices that tickle your fancy.