Basic Steamed Broccoli with Roasted Garlic + Toasted Hazelnuts
By March 13, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" margin_bottom="0"][recipe][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- Sea salt
- 6 cloves garlic (or Garlic Oil) Fresh lemon
- Steam broccoli.
- Meanwhile, toast and skin hazelnuts (see below). Roughly chop.
- Roast garlic: Place olive oil and garlic into a small saucepan and cook over low heat until garlic turns just golden, about 4-5 minutes. Alternative: Use garlic oil you’ve made earlier.
- Take garlic oil off heat, add chopped hazelnuts, juice from 1 lemon, sea salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle garlic oil and chopped nuts mixture over the steamed broccoli. Gently toss to coat and serve!
- how to toast + skin hazelnuts
Heat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until the skins darken and blister a bit, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take a clean dish towel in your hand and pick up a handful of nuts, cover them in the towel and rub your hands together over the towel until most of the skins fall off.