Asian Quinoa Salad
Asian Quinoa Salad Recipe
By June 22, 2015Published:
[vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text disable_pattern="true" align="left" …
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Combine the quinoa and ½ cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the quinoa into a bowl and fluff with a fork.
Add the bell pepper, scallions, and cucumber and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, agave, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Add to quinoa mixture and toss well.
- Top with the sesame seeds and cilantro.